- Aborio Short Rice (1 cup)
- White wine (1/2 cup)
- 1 head of broccoli
- Red onion (1/2 – diced)
- Butter (Vegetable Spread) (2 Tbsp)
- Vegetable Stock (3 cups)
- Parmesan seasoning (V) (1 Tbsp)
- salt (1 tsp)
- Pepper (1 tsp)
- Start by chopping the head of broccoli into small florets and dicing your red onion and garlic.
- Blanche the broccoli florets by placing them in boiling water then to a bowl with ice water so they remain crisp and stop cooking
- Blend broccoli florets with 1/4 cup of water
- In a skillet, on medium low, fry diced red onions, and garlic for a couple of minutes then add 1 cup of aborio rice.
- After around 2-3 minutes add 1/2 cup of white wine. Once that cools down add 3 cups of vegetable stock, 1 cup at a time. Add another cup once it cooks down completely. Constantly stir!
- Add 2 Tbsp of butter along with 2 Tbsp of Parmesan seasoning while continuing to stir.
- Add 1/2 cup of the blended broccoli mixture and stir until it cooks down and changes the color to a bright green.
- Using a small rice bowl form the rice onto a dish, top with a small chopped broccoli floret and season lightly with salt and black pepper.